The education offered
- Fields of Specializations
- Sciences and Letters
- Economics, Juridical and Administrative Sciences
- Scientific Research
- Editorial Activity
- Part-time Learning
- Teacher Education
- Centre for Career Conselling and Guidance
- European Programs Office
- University Brochure
- Information Sheet
- Information for Students
- European Programs Office
- Studying at Petru Maior University of Tîrgu-Mureș
- Welcoming Guide
- University Library
- Web site
- Sports Facilities
- The Students Hostel
- The Students Leagues (Union)
- Gh I Bratianu Association
- AIESEC Tîrgu-Mureș
Centre for Career Conselling and Guidance
The Counselling Centre, like all the other institutional structures of "Petru Maior" University of Tirgu-Mures, contributes to improving the quality of services provided for the students and community and to enhancing academic success. The principle of focusing its research on the students' real needs is reflected in the effort the institution is taking to support our activities.
Much of the Centre's activity is devoted to a wide number of people - young and adult candidates - providing free counselling services, information and assistance in choosing the educational direction. These services help clarify the most convenient orientation of the candidates to the most adequate study directions which they can have in the academic institution.
In the spirit of its mission, of transparency and openness towards the community, the Centre for Career Counselling and Guidance watches over the steps of the future undergraduates to a new start, offering data about the significance of the degree and the competences it implies. This activity clarifies career perspectives for candidates to the multiple specializations "Petru Maior" University of Tirgu-Mures offers, each year, to the needs of new generations that enrol here.
Through research and sociological surveys, carried out at institutional and extra-institutional levels under the shape of prognoses and analyses, the Centre collaborates with all academic and administrative structures, in order to enhance the quality of all its services to undergraduates and post-graduate students, the community and the general public.
The Centre for Career Counselling and Guidance, according to its structure, provides the following services:
– Counselling, consultancy and psychological assistance;
Career counselling, consultancy and specialized methodological support in:
– Evaluating professional interests, capabilities and personal abilities;
– Developing the abilities and competences useful in career planning;
– Elaborating the personal direction concerning the educational and professional development in order to
find a job on the labour market;
– Establishing an individual strategy for personal promotion;
– Facilitating the professional integration of students and graduates by organizing activities and meetings
with representatives from the economic and business media.
Educational counselling, psychological assistance, evaluation, psycho-diagnosis and problem intervention in:
– Adapting to the needs of the academic environment;
– Relationship and communication;
– Study and performance.
Support and specialized intervention in institution and community:
– Helps the setting up and working of students' organizations;
– Initiates and supervises projects specific to the field;
– Organizes events: workshops, symposia, specific conferences in collaboration with the other
university structures, for further study of the labour market under globalization conditions and
Romania's integration in the European Union;
– Initiates measures and scientific events towards professionalizing the counselling activity.
SPECIFIC RESEARCH TO THE DOMAIN, EVALUATION AND PSYCHO-SOCIOLOGICAL ANALYSIS
Through realizing studies and prognoses regarding:
– The options of the candidates from pre-university education, to balance the academic offer with
the needs of the labour market;
– The analysis of the educational needs of the community, life projects, professional aspirations,
students' career plan, and students' motivation for study;
– The efficiency of study and specialization according to the requirements of the Bologna Process.
The Counselling Centre permanently develops collaborations and partnerships - national and international, as promoter or partner within several European projects. The relations with the Department of Psychological and Pedagogical Sciences from University of Salento - Italy, as well as the partnerships with public institutions, NGOs and companies, from home and abroad, in varied projects funded by the European Union, make the Counselling Centre a dynamic and competitive body. Anti-drug prophylaxis, the development of a Centre for Assistance and Career Counselling, the foundation of a Placement Agency on the labour market for the young graduates from the Region 7 Centre are only a few of the ongoing projects.
|Last update: 21-Oct-2013||Copyright © "Petru Maior" University of Tîrgu-Mureș|